HCCG CIC welcomes applications from qualified counsellors who would like to join our team and make a commitment to our social mission and to the maintenance of long term therapy as an option for clients.
Who are we and what is our client base?
Horsham & Crawley Counselling Group Community Interest Company (CIC) is committed to providing affordable counselling to adults, children and young people in Horsham, Crawley & the surrounding areas. We are a team of experienced qualified counsellors and students who offer day and evening appointments to our client base. As an organisation we abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions (July 2016).
The service is managed by a Board of Directors in consultation with the team.
Our ethos is that we place our clients at the centre of everything we do and how we practice. We have therapists from a wide variety of orientations and we offer both short and long term therapy to clients.
We work in secure comfortable counselling rooms in Alphacom House in Oakhill Road in Horsham.
The majority of our counsellors’ work on a voluntary basis; offering a commitment to give the minimum of 2 hours free counselling per week to support our work. Some counsellors receive hourly payments for EAP and other contracted client work on a consultancy basis but the majority of our work currently is voluntary.
- We operate a sliding scale fee structure to our clients based on their income. Our clients self-refer or are referred in by their healthcare professionals. We work open ended or on a time limited basis, dependent on clients’ needs.
- We also hold a number of local EAP contracts
What do we offer you as a counsellor?
As a qualified counsellor you would receive from us
- Free fortnightly supervision with an appropriately qualified supervisor at Alphacom House
- Free insurance cover whilst you volunteer for the Group
- Induction processes and support from the Management Team
- Involvement in team meetings and CPD opportunities
- The opportunity to practice with a wide range of presenting issues and age groups with scope to expand your practice with us
- The opportunity to engage with a motivated, friendly and experienced counselling team who are dedicated to continuing to offer support to local residents
What we expect from you?
- The ability to see two to three clients a week voluntarily according to your availability
- Evidence of membership of the BACP or similar professional organisation
- Evidence wherever possible of an Enhanced DBS check less than 3 years old.
- A commitment to support our mission and practice in a way that reflects the ethos of our Group
- A commitment to the Group for 18 months with 12 weeks’ notice period
- To undertake policy training with us or provide evidence of appropriate training elsewhere
What are the future plans for the Group?
We have become a Community Interest Company (C.I.C.) in order to create an appropriate and formal business structure in which we can grow and diversify the client work the Group carries out
- Counsellors who join the Group are asked to become subscriber members of our CIC, in effect to join the business and commit to our aims. We will explain this in more depth to you if you apply to join us.
- To expand our operational base outside Horsham
- To increase our capacity and to expand our operations with local EAP counselling programmes and providers
How can I apply?
- Please make initial contact with us by email – we will then invite you to download and complete an application form.